There are 2 images in
this section with 3 online and 2 printable activities.
Read about the source then click on the magnifying glass to enlarge
the image. Use the information in the source to help answer the questions
in the activities.
Use the timeline. Look at births, marriages and deaths to help you select
the correct answer.
1. When was James VI born?
2. Who was James' French grandmother?
3. What happened to James VI's grandfather?
Killed in battle
4. Who was James' great grandmother?
5. Who was the first regent for James VI?
6. What happened to the fourth regent?
7. What happened to Queen Mary in 1587?
8. When did James marry Anne of Denmark?
9. When did James die?
10. For how many years did James rule Scotland?
11. For how many years did James rule England?